Friday, February 29, 2008

A Bowl of Mixed Berries!

Mixed Berries for Breakfast:

Please note that this is not really a recipe. It is just what I put together and like its combination/mixture. I usually eat fruits for breakfast; eating a bowl of mixed, peeled & sliced apple, banana and orange with a cup of hot tea is my usual morning. The days that I really want to be a good girl I have the above fruits with my cereal. From time to time I make a change in my choice of fruits and recently I switched to berries. Not only I love berries, as you can read in the title of this blog, but also I find berries a less time-consuming choice: easy to wash and no need for slicing (except for huge strawberries). So once every couple of weeks, I make one bowl of Mixed Berries and I keep it in fridge. If we have it with our morning cereal it will last us for three days. I sometimes serve it as dessert, and even Alpez, my food critic friend, loves it. If you want to make it for dessert you can have it with whipped cream, ice cream or any kind of gelatin desserts, but I personally like it without any of these additions. The fruits for this mixture are all fresh and raw.

Ingredients:

1 ½ Cups Raspberries: rinsed. I use red raspberries.
1 Cup Blueberries: rinsed
2 Cups Strawberries: rinsed and sliced. I try to go with little strawberries, but usually they are huge, so I slice each in four pieces.
1 ½ Cups Blackberries: I switch between strawberries and blackberries. I usually don’t put them together, No reason at all.
No Sugar is needed.


Directions:

Mix the berries. (It is really confusing, I know!)




نوش جان
(Noushe Jan)
Bon Appetit!

Tips:
1- For a fancy presentation of this dish you can use some Vanilla-Sugar. I think you can guess I don't do it.
2- Keep the mixed berries in a lidded container for refrigerating.



No comments: