Thursday, March 22, 2007

Tameshk In Kitchen: Manifesto

Tameshk In Kitchen is the cooking version of Tameshk, my other blog. Tameshk means raspberry in my native language, Farsi or Persian. I consider myself a fruit lover and usually I never dislike anything that can be picked from a tree or any plant for that matter. But it is Tameshk that I adore among all other fruits.

Tameshk In Kitchen is a cooking blog for beginners, college students or people who have never cooked until their late twenties, people like myself who have been fed before by their educated parents but they want to or have to start feeding themselves. Tameshk In Kitchen is for people who, like myself four years ago, couldn’t even bring water to boil and it is for people, more like the current version of myself, who can bring water to boil but still don’t know many things about food preparation.

In a regular day I spend about 2 hours in our small kitchen, doing things that are not even related to that area of the house; that makes at least 730 hours of my life every year. So I figured I should do something with it; the result is Tameshk In Kitchen.

It is my experiences with food and my appetite, mostly in my small kitchen, that will find their way here in this blog. It includes experiences of eating, drinking, cooking, baking and a lot more. Tameshk In Kitchen is flavored with Persian spices, although it is not a Persian Cooking blog.

Tameshk In Kitchen won’t be functional for you if you are a parent of any sort, since then you already know more than what is offered here; however Tameshk In Kitchen will love to have you as an observer and a Kitchen Consulter. If you are a Cook - professional or amateur- Tameshk In Kitchen is good to laugh at, but at the same time Tameshk will be happy to have your comments, thoughts and if you don’t mind your magical tricks.

There will be four posts every month in four categories: Recipes, Tips, Tricks and Food Shopping. Also I reserve the right to change these categories anytime I feel they get boring.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Roja
it's really delicious..i was checking uor blog every other week but i think this new 1 is not ignoreable even every other day...i appriciat it."Happy New Year" .say hello 2 Dr hossein.

Tameshk said...

Faezeh joonam Salaam!

Thanks for your lovely comment, I am thrilled to hear that you have visited Tameshk! I hope Tameshk In Kitchen become delicious and spicy with comments such as yours.

Please send my regards to your family, especially to Shirin joon !

Nazy said...

I disagree that those who feed others (mothers) are not a good audience for you! We mothers also have to come up with creative ideas for our dinners, and this is just right for us. What a great idea. I love it.