Saturday, March 24, 2007

Some General Tips and Info:

Here allow me to introduce two honorary members of Tameshk In Kitchen, comments of both will occasionally find their way here.

The first is, My lovely husband, a poor mathematician who has to put up with my cooking and who thinks that all of my cooking products need more salt and all of my baking products need more sugar, which I disagree (of course).

Then there is our Food Critic: Alpez, a friend of mine, still single in his mid 40’s, who once could simply enjoy eating, but after he started his new job as a food critic in one of New York’s most famous magazines, he can’t enjoy any food or drink before ruining the reputation of the cook, the restaurant and many times the poor bartender, especially if the bartender is a young attractive female. (Of course Alpez is not his real name but the name that we agreed on, in a cold December morning while commuting from Princeton to New York City via NJ Transit. Also I am not allowed to reveal the name of the magazine in which he writes.)


General Tips:

I wash everything, which is washable before slicing them. Do not forget your hands and I try not to slice them but sometimes it happens.

Don’t worry if you burn things; it happens! Just wash the burned pan after it cools down, but don’t let it stay for a day or two; it becomes harder to clean.

Never Ever use burned oil, simply throw it out. (First pour it in a none-plastic bowl; then after it cools down, dispose it. Do Not pour it into the Sink)

Heat level varies from stove to stove and you will become an expert about yours if you start using it. [I have a gas stove now, but I have used electric stoves and I believe their high temperature is higher than that of gas stoves.]




No comments: