Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Fresh Pear Cake

Fresh Pear Cake

Baking time: 1-hour10 minutes
10” Bund Cake pan
Oven temperature: 325º F














Ingredients

4cup pealed, cored & chopped fresh Pears
2cup white sugar
2/3cup Oil (Canola) (use nonstick cooking spray for greasing your pan)

2 eggs ( I use two whole eggs but you can use 4 egg white)

3cup all-purpose flour
1tsp salt
1½ tsp baking soda
1tsp ground nutmeg
1tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground cloves

1cup chopped walnut (Only if you like nuts, I don’t)

Directions:

1- Preheat the oven to325º F and spray the pan


2- Mix chopped pears and sugar and let it stay for about 1 hour. At the end of the hour you will have a juicy mixture.





3- Beat the eggs and add oil and the pear mix to it (you can add walnuts in this stage if you like or wait and add them at the end of the mixing process).



4- Stir flour, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves separately and then add them to the pear mix. (Add the nuts if you want)

5- Put the batter in the oven. Your Fresh Pear Cake is ready after 70 minutes. Use a toothpick to be sure the cake is evenly baked.






نوش جان
(Noushe Jan)Bon Appetit!



5 comments:

Nazy said...

Yummy! Who ate that cake?! I love to eat baked goods, but am never driven to do it! Quite by happenstance I ordered some chocolate chip cookie mix from a catalog today! I figured it would help me create a (albeit false!) sense of a baker living in my house, when the smell fills the air, and impress my kids! Thanks for the recipe Tameshk Jan. You make it look so easy, I might just try it! Be good azizam.

Tameshk said...

My Dearest Nazy
Thanks for your delicious comment!

Fresh Pear cake is very Autumn-ish. This cake spreads the scent of Pear and cloves when baked. I like the fact that it has contrast in its texture:the mildly dried cake's sponge and the juicy pear pieces.

I hope you try it.

jeerjeerak said...

hmmm piiiicture recipeeeees ...

(read it the Homer Simpson way!)

Tameshk said...

Jeerjeerak Joonam

Thanks!

LOOOOL ;)

jeerjeerak said...

i wanna make this today, master roja:) i'll report back to you on how it went.